Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mac's Color Grabber

I went on a search for an eyedropper-like color grabber. If you're using a PC, this isn't a problem. The web is flooded with them. For Mac users, there doesn't seem to be a downloadable program, but once again I've found that Apple foresaw my needs, and built in the exact program I need ... I just needed to find it, and I did!

Finder --> Applications -->Utilities --> DigitalColor Meter

Your DigitalColor Meter will give you the RGB or the Hexadecimal code of any color under you cursor anywhere. The screenshot below shows the DigitalColor Meter just below my kitty image. I find I frequently need this particular tool, so after opening the program, I saved it to my icon dock by simply placing my cursor over the program's icon and pressing control & click, bringing up the options menu, and selecting Keep in Dock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources Used to Create This Blog

Add To Any ::Subscribe & Share Options::
Blog Templates ::Best Blogger Templates::
Blogger Stop ::Packed with Design Tips::
Poodwaddle ::gadgets for your site::
Smashing Magazine ::a motherload of stuff::
Cool Tricks 'N Tips ::Great Blogger Tips::

Site Design * Tips & Tricks * Resources * Inspiration

Beemp3 ::MP3 Search Site::
Embed It ::Embed Any Document or File Anywhere::
Mindzilla ::FavIcon Grabber::
Nifty Map ::Visitor Map::
Web Hosting ::current 'Top 10' web hosting companies::
Ziddu ::File Hosting::
CodeFisher ::Java scripts & other goodies::
Shairbrain ::Web Design Magazine::
Iniwoo ::Graphic Resources::
Wisdump
Your Minis ::Customizable Widgets::
Freeware Files ::Windows Resources::
Online Image Editor ::free editor::

Playing for Change Project

GET THE PFC VIDEO WIDGET

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP